Competition Terms and Conditions
These competition rules shall be binding on you when entering any competition(s) operated by us or our sponsors / advertisers.
In addition to these general competition rules, other specific terms and conditions may also apply to a particular competition. We will post any such specific competition rules on our website.
- You must be over 16 years of age and resident in the UK to enter our competitions.
- No member of the radio station or their families or employees and families of any organisation providing a prize may enter a competition run by Hailsham FM.
- Unless specified, entries are limited to one per household or primary residence although entries are acceptable from family members at different addresses.
- All entrants must reside within a ten mile radius of Hailsham town centre, using the post code of BN27 1AU as the prescribed centre.
- If the rules to competitions have been broken or contestants’ entries have been made on behalf of a third party, the prize may be withdrawn.
- Use of false name or address, ie name by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize. We reserve the right to oblige any potential winner to provide documentary proof of their identity and address before such person may claim their prize.
- Proof of making a phone call, sending post/e-mail is not proof of our receipt of your entry.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged.
- The closing date is as specified in the relevant competition. This will always be a time and date in the UK. Where a time is not given, the closing time will be 11.59pm (UK time) on the relevant day.
- In the case of a prize draw, the first correct entry drawn will be the winner.
- Winners will be formally notified (by email or phone) within 21 days of the closing date.
- Full details of the prize will be given in writing upon notification. Where we notify a winner by email, we will ask for confirmation of receipt by reply email.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize may not be transferred to any other person.
- With the exception of cash prizes, there is no cash value assigned to any prize and therefore no cash equivalent available.
- In the event of the advertised competition prize being unavailable we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Where a prize consists of event/gig/festival tickets if the event is cancelled no alternative prize will be provided.
- Hailsham FM will not be held liable in any way for prizes supplied by third party organisations.
- Where a competition requires the presence of an entrant, failure to appear will result in the forfeit of any prize opportunity although, in some cases with prior agreement, a substitute attendee can appear.
- Where the prize on offer is a motor vehicle entrants must possess a valid and full driving licence for that class of vehicle. Unless otherwise specified road tax and motor insurance is and remains the responsibility of the winner.
- Unless otherwise specified, where the prize is a holiday it is the responsibility of the winner to ensure that they hold the necessary insurances and visas to protect their interests.
- We will not be liable for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by any person taking part or not being able to take part in a competition.
- Competition winners will be required to take part in or co-operate with publicity, which is not limited to appearing on air or in person for publicity photographs.
- No responsibility is accepted for inaccurate prize details supplied by sponsors.
- We will keep your personal details for a reasonable time so that we can send you any prize that you have won, to verify that these rules have been complied with, and for accounting purposes. We may pass your details on to our service providers and agents for the purposes of sending you the prize on our behalf.
- Unless otherwise advised, prizes will be held at Hailsham FM. Winners must collect their prize from Hailsham FM within 30 days of winning.
- We may at any time issue specific rules to be read in conjunction with these rules. In the event of a conflict between two sets of rules, the competition-specific rules take priority.
- These rules are governed by English law.
- We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time. Entry in the competition implies acceptance of these rules.
Last amended 29/12/2016